Saturday 26 March 2016

WorldSkills UK Competition 2016

WorldSkills UK competition 2016
The head block's hair is not so easy to lighten  (Photo 2)
I did hair strand test this week to see how the hair reacts to bleach 
I used 12% developer with lightener and some of the strands of the hair after 20 min were still black ???
Here you have close up look at the result

Photo 1
photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2016

I think this head block is made probably from synthetic hair as well, not just a human hair ( can you see one black hair strand ? The description says it is 100 % human hair ??  )
It would be great to work on real human's hair. After all, I would like to submit my work to WorldSkills competition so it is very important to me to get the best hair colour as possible.

My college provided for me this head block on the photo below

Photo 1
https://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/TH1136-Ladies_Ultimate_Head_20-40cm_Clamp_not_inc_8965




You can find more details about this head block (photo 2) here

There is one more head block but is out of stock

Photo 2
https://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/images/products/thumbs_aspect1x640/Image11758-1.jpg

You can find more details about this head block (photo 3)  here



Update 19 May 2016

My tutor announced to me that I pass the first stage of WorldSkills Competition :)
I am so happy 

I was a bit shocked because I know so many great hairdressers.They submitted their photos of their haircuts but they did not meet the specific criteria ...
I can't believe that my work got through to the next stage :)

The WorldSkills Competiton is in Brasil this year so it could be a great honor represent The Bournemouth and Poole College in Brasil if I get trough the next task.

I have to do two haircuts (for man and woman) and one hairstyle.
It is a new challenge :)


I had to lighten the hair to get this nice blond colour

Photo 2
Photography Farhad Jorbozeh © 2016

Update 22 June 2016

I got my head block for world skills competition stage 2
It looks amazing

Photo 3
photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2016


The design is great
The details of the eyes and make up this head block looks very pretty and the hair is good too, a bit short at the back but you can still do many hairstyles on it



Thank you for checking my bog
Don't go yet,
I am human not just paper on your computer screen
show me that you are human too
Leave a comment or subscribe
Please don't hesitate to contact me through my blog or facebook.
Please leave your comment or subscribe to my youtube channel to see my new videos
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment