Tuesday 29 March 2016

My first attempt to make a wig

My first attempt to make a wig

I didn't know how difficult is to make a wig
I had some hair extensions and thought that I can make a wig from it
For the base, I use a net and start to sew the hair extensions to it.

Photo 1
Photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2016

To complete full head lace wig you will need around 30 hair extensions ( I had around 16?)
After 1 hr I completed 3/4 of the wig and I had no more hair extensions to sew it to the net :(
I could buy more hair extensions but I didn't want to wait so I cut off the empty front bit of the net and decided to just leave it like this.
I sewed few clips to the net to pin the wig easy to my hair and this is the result very long hair
( my own hair is a medium length only) 

Photo 2

Photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2016

You can see that the wig is very visible at the top of my head I could cover it up with my own hair but my hair's depth is 6, the wig is made of mix of dark brown and black hair extensions and it doesn't much with my own hair
This all experience helped me to understand how much hair extensions I will need to make a wig with good density of the hair. 
Probably I will use this wig for some college project in the future. 
The link to my video you can find below 



I found great website 

This website belongs to charity which provides wigs for children with cancer 
The wigs are free of charge for this children

You can donate your hair ( good quality hair, virgin hair ) and your hair can be used to make the wig for those children who need them.




Thank you for checking my bog
Don't go yet,
I am human not just paper on your computer screen
show me that you are human too
Leave a comment or subscribe
Please don't hesitate to contact me through my blog or facebook.
Please leave your comment or subscribe to my youtube channel to see my new videos
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment