Tuesday 3 February 2015

Pass or distinction and what to do to pass level 2 in woman's hairdressing

Level 2 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing is all about assessments and you have to do 23 of them so get your friends and family to the salon, they can help you pass your assessments
If you got nobody who can help you than you have to get client who will ask you for a service which one you will need to do to get assessment done.
Some of the assessments you can complete using your own head block or classmates from college but
you can do that only if your tutor will allow it. Usually tutors will allow do this on the end of your year when you really can't provide or get client.

Between one theory exam and other as a student of hairdressing you have to show that you have enough information and knowlege during your practical assessments


When you will have a client you have to check for :

hair condition
scalp condition
hair growth pattern/natural parting
hair length etc.

Ask client questions like

"when did you last wash your hair ?"
"what is you hair type, is it dry, normal or oily hair?"


You have to know what kind of shampoo you can recommend to your client and those information are very important because your tutor will make a judgment about your knowledge and will assess you and give you pass or distinction

So what else you have to do to get distinction ?

You have to recognize the texture of the hair and density of the client's hair
You have to know what hair cut will suit your client so you have to recognize the face shape and know what are the contraindications
During the consultation you have to ask your client what kind of shampoo she used and what kind of hair cut or hair style she wants.

You have to ask if there was any previews chemical service and if there was one you should do hair elasticity test, porosity test , if your client would like to get coloring service, incapability test.

You have to remember to use PPE and use correct posture.

You have to know what kind of brush use to untangle the hair , styling the hair or cutting the hair

You have to know what product use before blow dry and what brush use during blow dry.

At the end is very important  to give after care advice to client and recommend right products to the client
Its not bad idea to have some leaflet with you and other helpful stuff like catalogs etc.

Most important you have to be polite, smile and relax,  be friendly, kind and look professional at any time !

Update 20 June 2015
I have only 2 weeks left to finish level 2 Woman's Hairdressing  and I have to say that the study is very tough I have no money for anything cs I spend my money offering free services to my friends and family members at college.
The college will give my clients and family members 20 % off  but not many people want to come and do their hair and grab this bargain, they know that we are in the college and still learning so some people will not come to college and prefer go to professional hairdresser.  Friends and family members expect free cut free colour and free styling but college provides for students products electricity water , some of those hair products are very expensive and  college will not give them for free. So unfortunately to get my assessments some I offer my friends free hair service and I will pay for them to just get my friends and complete my assessments.
Knowledge is expensive special about hairdressing.


Thank you for checking my blog
Don't go yet,
I am human not just paper on your computer screen
show me that you are human too
Leave a comment or subscribe
Please don't hesitate to contact me through my blog or facebook.
Please leave your comment or subscribe to my youtube channel to see my new videos
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment