Tuesday 25 November 2014

Head block - where to buy a good one ?

Head block - where to buy a good one ?

From my experience, I can say that the professional hairdressing shop is the best place to go if you want to buy very good quality head block

I head few head blocks from Headfix company and I was very happy with the quality of the hair but the overall look like eyes and lips look not so good and I have noticed that the head shape was asymmetrical and was difficult to get horseshoe section because the right and left sides were not this same.
After first brush the head lost plenty of hair but the density was still good,  I used this block 4 months and in the fourth month I have noticed that the glue underneath the face doesn't hold the rubber of the face anymore in one place so I assume that the glue doesn't like heat and hot water :)
It's better if you will spray the hair with warm water using water bottle or wash the hair of this block with a warm, not hot water

The best is to get fabric softener and use it as a "shampoo" or "conditioner" the hair will get soft and detangle much easier.
I bought one head block from Ebay ( made in China ) with just 50%  human hair but the problem was that the hair was very hard and was very difficult to cut them, not to mention about styling the hair.

 Photo 1

Photography by Katarzyna Kujawa © 2014
 Photo 2

Photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2014




Very bad density of the hair you could easy see the scalp, but I used it just to practice the one length haircut and asymmetric haircut as well, so I did 2 haircuts, I can't really complain it was still good experience, my fingers were so tired after completed this haircut I promised myself that I will never buy this kind of head blocks anymore.
I heard that the 70%-80% human hair head block is not so good as well so I will not recommend to buy it , but I never had one so it will be a high risk to invest the money, buy one and damage your scissors . The best is to get some more information about the seller from eBay and what people think about his products.

I've forgot mention that I had to use normal kitchen scissors to cut the hair on 50% human hair head block ... My scissor was struggling to cut a synthetic hair.


This week I've invested more money and I've bought one head block from Sally Shop and the head block is produced by salonservices, I think . The full name is Emily manikin head .
I have to say the quality of the product is the best and I will now get the head block just from this shop
Its a bit expensive but you will get a great density of the hair and 100% human hair.

Photo 3

Photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2014
Photo 4
Photography Katarzyna Kujawa © 2014

This product is worth it price !


Update 17 September 2015

I will not recommend use on this head block lightener with 9%  the ends could become soft (damage a lot) so if you use 9% I recommend to trim the ends



Another place where you could get head block 100% human hair - is any market 
My mate from college bought her head block for 3 Pounds 
Sometimes you could be amazed and find some great stuff on this small vintage markets :)

Update 8 October 2015 
I bought head block "Ambition" and this head block has a great hair
It has great density of hair similar to "Headfix" one
Price is around 30-40£ 
Sometimes is a good idea to research ebay and get one used one in lower price but still with 1/2 length of the hair 
The "ambition" head block has less grey hair, I assume that the grey hair was removed manually
Below you can find a link to a video which one will explain more how the hair is selected and the grey hair is removed. The video is about hair extensions but I assume the hair for a head block is selected in a similar process.



Thank you for checking my blog
Don't go yet,
I am human not just paper on your computer screen
show me that you are human too
Leave a comment or subscribe
Please don't hesitate to contact me through my blog or facebook.
Please leave your comment or subscribe to my youtube channel to see my new videos
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment